Monday, November 2, 2009

Pumpkins, Moustaches, & Candy

We started our Halloween festivities last weekend with pumpkin carving at Travis & Shannon's. As usual, we waited until the last minute to purchase pumpkins, so the only ones left were huge!! Greg opted for the flying WV, while I just freehanded a scary face. Here's a few shots...

Starting the gross part. Ick.

Greg was literally still sketching by the time my pumpkin was finished. Perfectionist???

My "angry" pumpkin, with Shannon's "Weiner Dog" pumpkin.

Greg pays homage to WV.

L-R: Greg's "WV", Travis' multi-shape pumpkin (sorry, can't come up with a good name for it), Shannon's "Weiner Dog", my "Anger Issues" pumpkin :), and Jenny's "Happy to Be Here" pumpkin.

This past Friday, Greg and I were invited to a Mega-Moustache Movie Marathon. All the guys shaved or grew moustaches, while the girls sported a variety of taped-on moustaches. We watched the Tom Selleck movie, "Crossfire Trail" (or something like that). The craziest part is...I just read an article a few weeks ago about how this was one of the hottest wedding photo trends right now...sporting fake moustaches. I saw photos of brides and grooms (and even entire wedding parties) holding up moustaches on sticks. I have to say...this is not my favorite wedding trend Hannah!


It was a struggle, but we managed to get a nice handle bar taped to Dixie's nose for a milisecond.

Prom pose!

Not unlike the pumpkin carving, Greg and I didn't choose costumes until the last minute either. By last minute, I mean 5:00, when trick-or-treat started around 6:00. We sported "absolutely-free, 5-minute costumes" pulled from our own closets (and Shannon's)! Greg went as Doctor Greg (I think he's ready for his own TV show) using a stethoscope that some neighbors left behind when moving, and Shannon's lab coat and name tag. :) I begrudgingly went as a leprechuan, again borrowing a hat and tie from Shannon, and rounding up the rest of the outfit in my own closet. Not exactly the most original, but we tried....sort of. We served a whopping 4 trick-or-treaters!! :) Nobody really complained that much, all mouths were too full of the trick-or-treat candy to complain!



L-R: Brian as a Starbucks coffee cup (notice the lid for a hat) and Jenny as the Starbucks barista. Bryan as "Mountain Man", Travis, Shannon & Ginny as "The Man In The Yellow Hat", "Curious George," and a banana, Jenny as a praying mantis, and Greg and I. For anyone who would like to hand out something other than candy next year...Shannon had a great idea of handing out miniature containers of Play-Do! All 4 trick-or-treaters were pretty excited about it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The pumpkins are sweet !! Nice work. I loved the costumes too. Greg looks like Doogie Howser. Did you have a pot of gold hidden somewhere Lindsey? Greg could probably sniff it out with Dixie if you did. LOL !! The Play-Doh idea is awesome !! We took Laci to the block party and around town some. Next year, may go somewhere more exciting than the block party. Too busy and we like the idea of house to house better. Anthony hung out with his friends. Kind of sad now that her is too old to trick or treat. You are only as old as you feel, right?
Glad you had a good time. Miss ya.

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed. I didn't realize my son was a doctor. You all looked quite good. Poor Dixie, the humiliation she goes through for you. The pumpkins were great. Glad to see Greg hasn't forgotten where he came from. We are leaving for TN today. I better go pack. Talk about putting things off till the last minute. We love you all and miss you every day. Take care and we will talk soon.
Love,
M&J

Anonymous said...

Hi Linz,
The pumpkins are great and I agree with you on the moustache's for weddings. That sounds really dumb. We didn't have any trick or treaters which is just fine.
Miss you and see you soon. Did you find anyone or place to maybe watch GSC game on Thursday night? Hope you have a good week.
Love you,
mom