Friday, November 6, 2009

Gluten-Free Betty Crocker Comes to Pullman!


The Betty Crocker Gluten-Free Baking mixes finally made it to the Safeway in Pullman. Naturally I had to try one out. I chose the chocolate chip cookies and was pleasantly surprised. I was on the verge of giving up when it came to gluten-free cookies. These are still far from Greg's puffy, golden chocolate chip pudding cookies, but definitely the best gluten-free cookie mix I've tried thus far. The dough was good (no that I would ever eat raw cookie dough :) ) and the cookies were delicious while still warm. The true test for gluten-free cookies comes the day after baking. These did get slightly crumbly and gritty with each additional day, but they're still the best yet in GF cookies. There are also two cake mixes and a brownie mix...guess I'll have to try those too!

And I just found out that Land O'Lakes has a bunch of gluten-free recipes on their website. In the search bar on their page, just type "gluten free" and voila!

3 comments:

Example Blog said...

Did I tell you that I found this amazing stuff that's chocolate and gluten free?? It's called Nutella and it's amazing on toast and crackers.....I figure you've found both of those with no gluten..... If not it's so good you could eat it out of the jar!! It's a little expensive so if you don't want to buy some, it could be your Christmas present Lindsey from yours truly ^^

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good Christmas present. Greg and I actually used some of that last year to make homemade hot fudge sauce for our friends. It was pretty delish!

Anonymous said...

I hope they keep coming out with more ways to cook gluten free. I know how Lindsey likes to cook and how Greg likes to eat. I hope it's gallbladder attack free too.. That is not fun to go through. Can't wait to see you three. I know it will be soon but not soon enough.
Love,
M&J