Saturday, January 31, 2009

How hip are we? Greg and I are in an artsy, little coffee shop in Moscow, ID where he is studying and I'm surfing the internet (big surprise there!). We are so "with-it". :) Unfortunately I don't have anything incredibly exciting to write about this week. Dixie has been under the weather, so we haven't had too many walks to get out and take pictures. I have been spending most of the week preparing my application materials to apply for the Master of Fine Arts program at both the University of Idaho and Washington State University. I can't seem to get anyone from WSU to call or email me back though, so right now I'm focusing on the University of Idaho. Greg has been fairly busy with homework and grading papers this week, so our lives have been pretty average.

Shannon and I did get to go out for a run yesterday. It was nice to soak up some sunshine even if it was still cold and incredibly windy. The bad thing about running out in the open around the Palouse is that there is absolutely nothing to break the wind. No mountains, not many trees. Unless you get between some buildings, you catch the full force of the wind...it just happened to be right in our faces as we tried to run up the hill. Convenient. Sometimes you just have those days that you can't catch a break. My oatmeal overflowed and made a mess in the microwave, nobody would call me back from WSU, the wind was relentless during my run, I'm STILL unemployed. Ok, so maybe I'm being slightly dramatic!

On the plus side, the Seattle earthquake missed us! And we aren't getting all the cold, nasty weather that West Virginia is experiencing. Maybe this coming week will bring something a little more exciting to write about! Stay warm!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you need a pick-me-up Lindsey!! Things are bound to get better. Someone out there is just
dying to have you come and work for them so have faith. We should have some more on our blog this week hopefully. How is Dixie? Does she run with you? Well, tell my brother not to get too wrapped up in school work. You guys still have to make time for roller hockey and all. Catch ya later taters!!!

Bozzman said...

Suck it up, you whiner or wiener, which ever you prefer. Miss you at work Marie, tell Greg to grade hard and not cut anyone a break, it feels good to have the power. Hope Dixie gets to feeling better. Be cool, well you don't really have a choice there, do you. Later Tater...T

Anonymous said...

I haven't had a chance to check the blog out for a few days. Hope Dixie is feeling better. Spent Monday with Mom and Dad. They both had doctor's appointments and had to go to Walmart among others. a two hour wait for a prescription. We were all pretty aggravated,plus it was snowing and we'd been gone from 11:00 till 7:00. We've had some awful weather here. John and I are still making ladders,shelves,etc. for the shop. We have had a few in but things need to pick up. I think the weather is suppose to break Friday and warm up to low 60's by Sunday. It's 6 here this morning. Well this is Trent's big 23rd birthday, I guess Hannah just had hers too. Hard to believe my little feller is that old. What does that make me? Better! I'd better get moving, can't keep those customers waiting. Lindsey, keep being a good Mommy to Dixie. I'm sure she appreciates it. Greg, keep studying and don't forget to take time to enjoy life too. Maybe John and I will do that some time. Love you all. Miss you every day.
M&J

Marsha said...

Linz..sounds like you need big dose of Phil 4:13...you can do it..just ask for strength for the day!!

Speaking of strength..your running aginst the wind will surely make quiet windless days of running a snap!! (Look out Greg...shes going to be a powerful force to deal with!!!)

How were your crock-pot dinners?
Yummie, I bet.

Take care, stay warm.

Love Aunt Marsha