Sunday, February 8, 2009

It has been one week since my last blog post. Not surprisingly...there hasn't been much of anything new to report on. The weather has been nice, in the 50s a few days this past week. Dixie and I have been holding the fort down throughout the week. It's official...we are back to our regular, old, boring selves! :)

Saturday we decided to take a drive to Lewiston, a town about 30 miles south of Pullman in Idaho. The town stunk...literally. There was some type of plant along the river that was causing quite a smell. The town was fine, a Walmart, a mall, nothing too special. The drive to get there was interesting. Huge rolling fields, and then down a steep mountain to get to the town. Here are a few pictures. The first is a view of the entire town from the overlook at the top of the mountain. The second picture is from the parking lot of one of the shopping centers. We still haven't gotten over the drastic change in scenery from West Virginia. The entire way down the mountain, there was not 1 single tree in sight. Weird.



Today (Sunday) we got some furniture. We had been checking Craigslist.com daily to try and find something to complement our "couch-in-a-box." We went to look at an armchair with a matching ottoman and discovered that there was a couch to match also. The lady agreed to throw in a coffee table and side table also, so we made the purchase. Our living room is now crammed with furniture! We went from an open, somewhat bare living room, to one that you can barely manuever through. The futon may be getting moved to the spare bedroom as soon as we do some rearranging. Here's what the living room looks like for right now.



And finally, because no post is complete without a picture of Dixie... this is Dixie getting a professional blow-out after her bath today. She's too spoiled to even stand up during the process. I think she's ready for showbiz!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe we are first to comment.John said all the furniture matches. I can see what you say about Dixie being spoiled. I don't think Greg has anything to do with that though. Things are a little better weather wise here. It was sunny this afternoon and John washed and cleaned his truck. I took Trent to dinner and he got sung to at Bob Evans. Shannon Brown said he wanted to embarrass him but Trent said he's not easily embarrassed but they better sing good. Well I guess we had better get John's evaluations done. Keep those postings coming. I still take or mail Mawmaw a copy and she really enjoys them. We love you all and miss you every day. Give everybody hugs and kisses.
M&J

Unknown said...

Hey guys!! I can't believe I am the second to comment. I usually wait around too long but enjoy what everybody else says. I wish
Tim would spoil me like Greg spoils Dixie. She leads the perfect doggie life!! The views of the town you visited are stunning. I can't wait until we get to come out. How is school going Greg? Has Lindsey had any good leads yet? The college thing she talked about would be great. I have been so busy at work that the 8 hours I put in just fly by. Started using the treadmill again today. Took too many weeks off so time to hit it if I have a shot of looking anywhere decent for the beach this summer. I guess Trent is the big 23 now. Little feller!!! We are getting better and better at Rock Band. Can't wait until you guys try it. Laci had been sick with bronchitis but she is back on the mend. Anthony finally went back to school. I swear I don't know if any of the kids will pass this year. Not enough instruction days to get much to sink in! The weather here has been great the last few days and I hope it continues. Well, check out my blog and I will keep the comments coming. Peace Out !!!

Anonymous said...

Hola back yall! The landscape over there looks frickin amazing for sleigh riding! Please tell me you've tried some of that when the snows down? The furniture looks good too! Lindsey, have you been doing any painting lately? If not maybe you should paint me something with all your spare time! :P And Greg can make me some furniture! Sweet, I'll be expecting a new decor in about 3 months! Take care guys!
-Trentles