Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Rainy Campout

Trying to squeeze the most out of what is left of summer, we decided to campout two weekends ago despite the imminent rain. We only drove a few miles down the road, back to Kamiak Butte where we had hiked earlier in the Spring. The campout had a rough start when we learned that wood fires were not permitted in the campground. By the time we came back to Pullman to round up some charcoal for the grill (so that we could still have hot dogs and s'mores) the rain had started. But everything worked out, we had our s'mores and the big rain held off until we were snugly in our tents. Greg and I got to try out our new sleeping mats (our anniversary presents to each other) which were far better than our old sleeping mats. With the exception of Dixie taking more of her share of the tent (no surprise there) I enjoyed one of the best nights of sleep I had in quite some time thanks to the steady rain and cooler temperatures.

Dixie, doing her usual.



The whole group, through the raindrops.

Coming back from the "bathroom" with Carolina & Elizabeth.

Angela, standing in one of the dry spots left by our tents.

The morning after.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like you all had a good time camping despite the dreary drops of rain. I think the family is going camping down at Mawmaw and Pawpaw's camp for Labor Day. It had better not rain as bad as the
4th or I quit camping all together. I hate to get my feathers wet in a pouring down monsoon type of storm. Puts me in a BAD mood. Later.