Monday, May 18, 2009

The Quest for a Comfy Spot!

It's not quite fair to say that Dixie didn't work this weekend. She worked pretty hard actually.... trying desperately to find the softest, most comfortable spot to rest her weary head! After I downloaded our camping pictures (see the next post) I realized how many shots I had of Dixie trying to make a bed in various spots. It seemed only fair to give her her very own post. So, in no particular order, here is proof of how hard Dixie worked these last few days!

In the flower bed outside our back door seems to be her favorite spot.

So soft.

More flowers. Watching all the hubbub of setting up camp.

I hate the paparazzi.

That's "Queen Dixie" to you, lowly peasant!

One branch on the ground...guess who claims it.

A diamond in the rough.

We swept up a pile of pine needles to help out the fire. She laid on them.

Oh the torture she endures for pictures.

Nice and cozy pine needles.

The morning after... camping is hard work!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

MAN that dog is so cool, calm, and collected, even while resting on pine needles. AMAZING!!! She is so special. We have added a new life to our family. Her name is "Baby" because she cries when you ignore her. She doesn't bark unless we are outside and she isn't or if we leave the house and she doesn't get to go. She poops on my carpet but I bought a cage today to fix that prob. Baby is part pekenese and poodle. Mostly poodle though. She rarely sheds and needs a bath badly today. My internet hasn't been letting me on my blog lately but if I get it fixed I will send a few pics your way. Hopefully you can just see her when you come in. Tee ball is going well and we seem to be the best team in the league so far. Way to go ASTROS !!!!! Talk to ya soon.

Anonymous said...

That girl has one attitude. I told John she was laying in the flowers when I was talking to Greg. He said I wonder where she got that from. We remember those days well. I wish she could come home too. Hopefully,next time. She has such a ruff life. We planted our garden today. If it survives the deer and rabbits,we should have something to eat this fall. Well I better get busy,I'm getting company this weekend. We love you both and I hope Lindsey has a wonderful birthday tomorrow. See you soon.
Love,
M&J