Monday, April 6, 2009

Long Time, No Write

Before anyone sends a search party after us, just take a breath! We're still here. We've just had some technical difficulties that has made our internet access a little sporadic. So, to catch up...

Although these previous two days have been gorgeous, we really haven't been into much recently thanks to the crummy weather. Rain mixed with snow has been the highlight of every day for the past two weeks. Let's hope that's gone for good now. I painted my toenails though, so I probably just jinxed any good weather that was headed our way. :)

Dixie is doing just fine. Greg is still plugging away at school. And I'm still into my usual. Greg has joined an intramural soccer team since our last post. He seems to be picking up pretty quickly on how to play, but the season will be over this week. (I'll put some pictures up as soon as I reinstall my camera software!) I ran a 5k last weekend with Shannon right here on WSU's campus. Greg and I both have signed up to be part of a team that is running in a 100k (a little over 60 mile) race on April 19th. It is a 10-person relay team, so Greg's leg of the race is 5.6 miles, and my leg of the race will be 4.1 miles. I can't speak for Greg, but I'm pretty excited about it. Apparently the course winds all around the Palouse area and begins and ends here in Pullman. And our biggest news of this week is that we are finally getting a real bed. We've been sleeping on our air mattress since the yard sale back in mid-October. After 6 months of that, I imagine our bed is going to feel pretty nice when it's delivered later this week.

We're both looking forward to the end of May when we'll be heading back to WV for a visit. Unfortunately, Dixie will be staying behind with Travis, Shannon & Ginny (the weiner dog). I don't think she knows this yet, and I'm going to make Greg tell her!! :) I don't want to be the one to break her heart.

And finally, a big HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY to Jen!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Linz,
Glad your computer is back up and running. The race sounds fun. Looking forward also to your visit in May. We are having snow here today and supposedly tomorrow and it was 70 degrees this past Sunday. Maybe after this blast spring will finally be here. Have a good week. Thanks for the update. Love ya both,
Mom

Unknown said...

Howdy guys !!! Man, I haven't been able to talk to you for about 3 weeks. I missed the past two calls from Greg and never have been able to catch up. Tee ball is going good so far. Laci is super at fielding but needs to work on batting. Thought she would just bust the ball to shreds but we will keep working on that. Only had 2 practices so far because the weather has the field so saturated. We are playing HARD on Rock Band now. Some of it is really difficult. Been working out at the firefighter/police gym at no cost. Going wonderfully. Lost about 35 pounds now. I don't know how you all run so far. I am winded after a tenth of a mile!!!! Keep in touch and give Dixie Doodle a big hug for all of us. Love ya lots!!! Can't wait to see ya in May. Later.

Ang

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you three. We had some stinky weather here today and not much better for the rest of the week. We had about 5 inches of snow this morning. Ang,Tim and the kids had dinner with us Sunday and Ang and I took the kids for a walk up the trail of previous tree house lane. She told the kids how she and their uncle Greg made their tents and such along the fence line. I remember a lot of poison ivy too. I told Anthony that is what you did for fun. You didn't have video games or tv in your room. Angela said you knew to answer if I yelled for you too. I miss those days. I don't blame Lindsey for not wanting to tell Dixie the news. We'd like to see her too. I know the boys would like to torment her. We got their hair cut on Friday. Purple and yellow bows for each. Well, I better go clean up the kitchen. Can't wait to see you both. Take care of each other,miss you every day.
Love,
M&J