Monday, March 9, 2009

Still Snowing

Just when I thought spring was around the corner, Pullman got hit with another round of snow. :( It started in the middle of last week, and just continues to snow...melting slightly, and then snowing some more. I definitely have spring fever!

This weekend was pretty uneventful for Greg and I. We joined some friends Saturday evening to play Rock Band and American Idol Karaoke, but the rest of our weekend was spent indoors... being active at the gym, then being lazy on the couch! A nice balance. :)

This week, we are trying to plan a camping trip for Greg's spring break which starts next Monday. I've been online checking out the various state and national parks and forests. The problem is that so many of the scenic areas are still incredibly wet or snowy. It seems that the majority of the Cascades area isn't even up and running until May due to snow and avalanches. Eek! After seeing Jen and Greg's pictures of San Diego, my vote is for Californ-i-a! Bring on the sunshine.

I'm also preparing for a certain someone's birthday on the 16th. Greg will be turning a whopping 29! Ha ha. He has requested a strawberry cake for his party on Saturday. I'm also going to attempt to make some strawberry jelly for a birthday present. He has already exhausted his supply of jelly that he was given at Christmas, and had to resort to store-bought grape jelly recently. Oh the horror!

Well, sorry there are no new pictures this week. There should be plenty of pictures these next two weekends though, so stay tuned. And send some sunshine and warm weather our way please!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well guys, I'm glad we weren't the only ones getting all the snow. Just couldn't help but share our wonderful weather with you. Nothing much going on at the Sniders house either. The only cool thing that happened was on Saturday. Me and mom decorated the church and it looks wonderful. Also, Tim and I went bowling at Flatwoods and I beat him 3 frames!! Ha ha big boy!! Put that in your pipe and smoke it!! I have slacked off on the exercise a little but not too worry. I have picked up my regular pace as of Monday. The kids say "HI" and Tim says find someone with PS3 so we can battle online!! I got a new workout video that comes from the Dirty Dancing movie but it is very complicated for someone with no soul or fancy footwork. I might do better if Patrick Swayze were here to teach me. Yeah baby!! I will try to send some new pics this way on the blog. Keep the sunshine coming our way and give Dixie lots of hugs for us.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean by spring fever. This has been a very long,depressing winter for me. I told John if the shop was doing better, Dad was well, and the kids were home I'd be okay. He said I wasn't asking for much and Angela said there wasn't anything I could do about any of it and they are both right. We've had some nice days here lately though,70's and dry. It lets you see all the dirt everywhere. Lots of work to do around here. Branches everywhere in the back, John dug around on the dreaded ditch along the driveway this evening. Well, guess I will be talking to you all soon. I can't believe my sunshine is going to be 29. We love you all and miss you every day. Take care of each other.
Love,
M&J