Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Greg!

Somebody is getting older today! Thankfully it's Greg and not me! :) Greg turned 29 today, although we actually celebrated his birthday on Saturday evening by having some friends over for cake, board games, and some Wii. Doesn't exactly sound like a birthday party for a 29 year-old huh??

I'm not really sure if Ginny was trying to help Greg blow out the candles...or if she was hoping to snatch a bite of the strawberry cake covered in "Rainbow Chip" icing and some huge chocolate-covered strawberries! I'm going to say it was the latter. The strawberries were so large that they kept sliding off the top of the cake. What was supposed to be a beautiful masterpiece a 'la Lindsey, was a complete mess by the time Greg blew out the candles. Candles jutted randomly out of the cake to serve as stops for the giant strawberries which were sweating and causing the icing to melt right off the cake. Nobody complained about the taste though, so I guess that's all the matters!



Greg made out quite well this year. Thanks to many of our family members, he can now order his new North Face jacket that he has been eyeing for a long time. He also got some gift certificates to camp at Washington State Parks, a Washington atlas so that we can find the state parks, new headphones for his mp3 player, a WSU t-shirt, "Whitetail-opoly" (the hunting version of Monopoly), some Reese peanut butter eggs, and some little odd and ends. Not too bad!


This is a picture of the cake as soon as I put it all together... before it became a disaster area.


And...at Greg's insistence...here is a picture of the napkins that he so beautifully fanned after learning the trick from Jen recently. He's practically Martha Stewart! :)



Today begins Greg's spring break. We don't have any major plans thanks to the weather (and having to pay taxes!). :( We'll probably do some driving around and exploring later in the week after the rain stops, but it's still just a little too wet and cold for camping. We'll be sure to put some pictures up if we do anything photo-worthy!
Greg says thanks to everybody for the birthday cards and gifts that he received!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sunshine! Thanks for letting us all share in the party from afar. I hope you have many,many,happy,healthy,prosperous,successful,etc.years ahead. Lindsey did an excellent job on the cake. Where did you find such huge strawberries? I got a package the other day and put my sugar on them to set overnight. They were really yummy with milk on them. Take a few days and relax with each other this week. Hope the weather warms up soon so you can check out some of the parks. I saw a picture of one on the little calendar I gave you from Miller's in Ohio. I didn't see Dixie in the pictures,hope she is ok. Take care of each other.We'll talk to you soon. We love you all and miss you every day.
Love,
M&J

Unknown said...

Whatz up y'all!!! Hope the weather doesn't have you too bummed out. Taxes might though. They kill me too. Where is Dixie?
I know she likes to party and I am sure she gave her daddy a great big slobbery kiss for his birthday.
I hope Greg is taking it pretty well since this is the final birthday before you have to mature on the 30th. I never did though. Matter of fact, since I have been 32, I have gotten braver and become a lot more risky for some reason. Trying to make sure I still have some fun in my prime I guess. I should have some Rock Band pics for ya this week if I can get someone to take them for me. Slacking a little on my blog lately. Too much to do all of a sudden. Well, just wanted to say "happy birthday Gregerly and have a good week off with Lindsey".
Peace out!!!

Anonymous said...

Lindsey,
The birthday cake looks delicious. Sounds like you had a great party. Wish we all could have been there. We will have to have a big celebration when you return to WV. Enjoy the week off together. Love and miss you both,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Well, your birthday card from me is being held up a few days by cash flow and forgetfulness! But you'll get it when I send it to you and you'll like it skank. I love that everyone asks about Dixie the one post that she's not in any of the pictures, hahaha! Now we see who really matters...and btw, where is Lindsey!? She's not in the pictures either because I guess she takes them all lol. Maybe that's a new trick for Dixie, but then again that would mean she wouldn't be in the pictures either.......you all figure it out! Peace out, word to your mothers! -Fluff