Sunday, January 11, 2009

Dixie's New Coat

You can tell that we're settling into daily life when all of our posts end up being about Dixie. My weekend project was making a coat for her. We found this Vera Bradley-like fabric in the clearance section at JoAnn Fabrics, so I got to work. To try it out, we took a walk down the street to Blockbuster. Dixie didn't seem to mind her new outerwear, but Greg was slightly embarrassed to be seen walking a dog in a dress. Oh well...Dixie and I almost matched, so I didn't mind. Below are some pictures before she got it dirty in all the slush.



As promised, we worked hard to get a picture of Dixie and her new friend. They are becoming more familiar with each other with each visit. We managed to get this picture of both of them curled up under Dixie's blanket. The picture may have been staged...and they both look slightly worried....but they'll be best buds in no time I'm sure.


Tomorrow is Greg's big day! He's going back to school....again. He won't admit it, but I think he's pretty excited. My interview on Friday went well, and I should hear something within a week. Saturday evening, we ventured out to watch the WSU basketball game. The Cougars beat Stanford 55-54. The last five minutes were great...the first part not so much. Check back soon to hear about Greg's first week of school.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREG was embarrassed of DIXIE's outfit??? Maybe he forgot that there is a picture of him wearing size 2 red yoga pants, a petite green Santa sweatshirt and a motion-sensored Christmas tree on his head posted on the world wide web for all to see. The Vera Bradley knockoff coat definitely hugs all of Dixie's curves, but I prefer the turtleneck you squeezed her into for Christmas pictures (she had more chins than a chinese phonebook!) Talk to you soon!!

Hannah (Randall's battling Metallica on GH3 but sends his hello, as well)

Anonymous said...

I am digging Dixie's "dress." I also see that Greg found a TV - that's good news. We miss you guys, it's not the same without ya. Take care.

Lisa

Unknown said...

Boy Lindsey!! I didn't realize you were quite the seamstress. Nice
job!! Dixie looks quite comfortable. Glad everything is going according to plan. Tell Greg he was meant to go to school at least until he is past 30. He has to get it out of his system and challenge himself. As for me, I just can't think about going back because I am so settled in my life now that it just wouldn't work I don't think. We are going totally electronic at work by the end of winter so it may open up so new things for me later on. Well, hope you are employed by the end of the week so you won't go stir crazy waiting. Talk to ya later!!

Anonymous said...

Lindsey, you are so talented.I love the coat/dress. Probably the best dressed granddog in town. I know Greg is excited. He does have ambition,more than I ever had. I'm glad to hear you are getting out and making friends. Looks like a very cold week ahead all over the country. There is no school here today. Snowy and icy. Talk to you all soon. Ginny and Dixie are just too cute.
Love,
M&J

Bozzman said...

I think maybe you should make a beret for greg to match dixie. I hope your interview went well, I hope I helped you out a little. You do fine wherever or whatever you do. Tell the G-man to pay attention in class and not to miss class, he may have a teacher like me. Yell if you need anything...T

Jamie B said...

Hey guys! I'm preparing for surgery this Friday, YAY! One year and I'll be ready to drive to Washington and show you how to play some ball! well, maybe not, but we'll see!!! It definitely isn't the same without you, we miss you guys in Sunday School!! We went to the Y last Tuesday to shoot ball, me and the kids, I was hurtin' pretty bad the next day! Greg is workin' hard at Fibernet and then coming home to work hard building a car for some guy...Ethan will be tested on 2nd grade in March, poor Emma is still trying to learn to read!! I will keep you posted on my surgery, I think I may blog about it...lol...thats the thing to do, right? Okay, so I'm gonna get back to phonics...A triple blend has three letters...peace out!

Anonymous said...

LInz,
The coat looks great and I agree with Hannah about Greg being embarrasssed!! Keep up the good work Linz on the sewing! Hope you all have a good week and find out soon about the job! We are to get some snow this week, hopefully a day off Friday!
Have a good week! Miss you both.
Love you,
Mom

Bozzman said...

YO MARIE...One word...MYSPACE!

Anonymous said...

Lindsey, I am totally impressed with your craftsmanship!!! i think you can do anything!! that coat is awesome!!
Debra :)

Marsha said...

Linz...sounds like Greg is just a bit jealous of Dixie's "designer coat"!!! Who knew he would want to look so...so...oh, poor Greg!!

Aunt Marsha

Anonymous said...

Pancake wears a size: tiny, and would love something a little more butch.....I think Dixie looks awesome! And I think that Greg should remember how awesome he looks when he wears matching clothes with Lindsey...... :)