Friday, December 26, 2008

Washington or BUST!


The journey begins. We departed Beckley, WV around 10:00 this morning (Friday). Our first stop is in Columbus, OH to celebrate Christmas with my family. We will be leaving there on Monday morning to continue our cross-country trek.


My first time pulling a trailer went well. Both vehicles are loaded down with the "few" odd and ends that we thought were left. We estimated that the last few things would fill up my backseat...turns out they filled up my backseat, my passenger seat, Greg's passenger seat, the leftover room in the Uhaul, and even some of poor Dixie's space in the back of the truck! Who knew we had that much junk!!


Well, we'll post when we can during these next few days. Here's hoping for good weather during our travels. Stay tuned...


1 comment:

Unknown said...

You guys are so cool!!! I only wish I had the opportunities that
you all have. What a great adventure to start out the new year. I heard that Washington state was one of the most desirable
states to reside so let us know when you get there and any cool things you encounter along the way.
Love ya lots!!